Post by STAFF on Jul 13, 2018 22:52:51 GMT
OOC01. Unnecessary rudeness to one another is unacceptable. There will be times where you will feel dislike towards another user. There is no need to express this in an unkind way. If you have a problem with another user, create a PM including the user as well as a staff member (who will moderate the conversation and interfere only if necessary) and let things be sorted out in private.
02. There will be minors on this site, but we have a general audience. We ask that users be 14 or older and preferably younger than 25. If a staff member is suspicious of your age, we will PM you and ask you to be honest with us. We expect you not to lie, and if we find out you have, you will automatically receive two permanent strikes.
03. We allow swearing, but slurs and hateful speech are not accepted on this site. Because we do not use the typical proboards chatbox, we cannot correctly filter it. If you must know what slurs are not permitted, you may PM a staff member and ask. However, keep this in mind - if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't say it.
04. Any NSFW content, be it sexually or violently graphic, is prohibited. We expect a majority of our members to be minors, at least around 14 and up. Sexual content is not allowed in any form on Nepenthe, not even in private messages. We do not allow violently graphic depictions of harm to humans, animals, or anything else, either. This includes in roleplay.
05. This is a roleplay site, fun for everyone (almost everyone). Keep your religious beliefs and politics out of it. We're here to roleplay cats in the forest. Roleplay is meant to be fun and used as an escape from the real world, and religion and politics can cause stress to others.
06. Don't advertise outside of the provided section. You may not advertise in PMs, in the shoutbox, or anywhere else on the site other than the Advertisement board. Do not direct attention to your post on the Advertisement board anywhere.
07. We ask that you do not use the Discord chat to vent. We do care about our members on Nepenthe, but it can become uncomfortable when we're talking about why cats are scared of cucumbers and suddenly we're talking about the death of a family member or suicidal ideation.
08. Please do not double post anywhere outside of the Creativity Corner. Bumping threads makes things cluttered, and we like having things nice and clean.
09. LGBT is accepted in and outside of roleplay. There will be no LGBTphobic characters on Nepenthe, unless they are part of your characters backstory, and not actually roleplayed.
10. Our post limit is 75 words. We consider this to be low compared to other forums. There are loopholes around this that add a few words, like templates, but we really encourage users to try and push themselves if even this is hard.
11. We have OOC and IC accounts. When you first join Nepenthe, you must make an OOC account. You will make character applications and other OOC posts with this account. After your first application, in the lower right hand corner of the site, you can find an icon that looks like two people. Using this button, you can create another account that you can switch to easily after your character is approved. No matter the rank of your character (kit, apprentice, leader, etc), you must use the warrior name of your character. IE, if you create a Tigerpaw, you must know their warrior name and create the account under the name. So if their name will be Tigerheart, then the account name must be Tigerheart.
RP01. Godmodding/powerplay is not acceptable. Unless another user has given you permission to kill/brutally injure their cat in one post, do not godmod!
02. Any incorrect portrayal of disabilities, both mental and physical, and mental illnesses, is extremely offensive. We encourage that users who do NOT have the mental illness/disability does not roleplay a character with the mental illness/disability.
03. Savannahs, Munchkins, bald cats, etc. are prohibited. We allow breeds and purebreds such as Siamese, Turkish Angora, Maine Coons, etc., but the three bolded breeds are strictly forbidden from Nepenthe.
04. Cisgender calico or tortoiseshell toms are not allowed. Unless your cat is AFAB (assigned female at birth) calico/tortoiseshell who does not identify as female, there is no way around this. A (cisgender) tom with calico/tortoiseshell pattern is just too rare.
05. One prefix per Clan. There cannot be two Frost- somethings in one Clan at the same time. We also encourage that you don't share a prefix with someone in general, but it is not against the rules to have a Frost- in ShadowClan and a Frost- in ThunderClan. We just like creativity! A full name also cannot be shared between two different Clans. IE, you cannot have a Tigerfur in ShadowClan and a Tigerfur in ThunderClan.
06. You cannot roleplay more than two high ranks at the same time. They also cannot be of the same rank. For instance - you cannot have two deputies at once, or two medicine cats as once. There is also a combination that we must forbid for fairness - you cannot have a deputy and a leader at the same time in any Clan.
07. There must always be three more warriors than there are apprentices in the Clan. In order to insure that every apprentice has a mentor and that there is not overpopulation, there must always be three more warriors than there are apprentices.
08. Messages from StarClan are not allowed to be shared verbatim. Medicine cats, leaders, and rarely deputies or other ranks receive PMs from any of the three StarClan accounts. These are not to be shared word-for-word with ANYONE, both in character and out of character. You may explain the contents (IN CHARACTER ONLY) but not share the exact message.
09. High Ranks who do not participate in the Activity Check and do not respond to staff's messages afterwards will lose their High Rank after two weeks.
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY